Our ideal candidate is an energetic, highly creative and versatile digital designer who works collaboratively with team leads to create graphic design assets that inspire, inform and engage the _______ audience through social media and marketing, editorial, video, direct email, mobile, and the website.
This is a new full-time, benefited position located onsite at our offices near _________.
- You are both a thinker and a maker and can brainstorm ideas and then push the pixels for final execution
- You’re familiar with and able to deliver compelling graphics that are consistent with the most recent Internet trends
- You thrive in a collaborative production environment with a busy publishing schedule
- You possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You’re highly organized and take pride in your attention to detail
- You have a proven ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- You are curious and like to learn new skills and methodologies to stay current
- And, importantly, you have a passion for improving education
- Create high quality, original graphics and assist with sourcing stock imagery for weekly editorial and social media publishing including those for desktop, tablet and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials)
- Create and iterate on designs that propel our audience into action as part of a movement to improve K-12 education
- Design video opening/closing graphics, transition screens, and lower thirds titles
- Assist the Creative Director with design projects from concept to completion, such as editorial campaigns, direct email designs, event and contest graphics, and website refreshes
- On a limited basis, develop concepts and execute event materials such as posters, banners, t-shirts, bags, and giveaway items
- Additional special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience extending a brand identity across multiple communication channels
- 2+ years experience conceptualizing and designing for both Web and print
- Possess core design skills including the ability to establish visual hierarchy, and apply layout, typography and color effectively
- Deep knowledge and understanding of web design and production processes and workflow, including how CMS editorial workflow can affect design
- Experience creating web graphics including extensive knowledge of file formats, resolution and re-sizing of images, color correction and photo production
- Basic understanding of usability principles and web design best practices
- Ability to express concepts verbally and visually to Creative Director and internal stakeholders to determine visual communication needs, present ideas, and incorporate feedback
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment
- Online portfolio that clearly highlights candidate’s work as primary designer on a variety of projects
- Illustration skills a BIG plus
- Experience analyzing traffic reports or performance results to inform changes to design
- Experience with supporting task management in any basic online project management tool
Much of the workday will be spent sitting at a computer. Must work onsite.
- When applying, please include your résumé and cover letter
- Please also include links to an online portfolio that has clear explanations of your role in each portfolio example
- We welcome links to any publicly available social media or community profiles (i.e., Behance, Dribbble, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Google+, etc.) you regularly contribute to
About _______ and The ________ Educational Foundation
The _____________ Educational Foundation is dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process by documenting, disseminating, and advocating for innovative, replicable strategies that prepare students to thrive in their future education, careers, and adult lives.
Through __________’s vibrant online community of change-makers in education, The ______________ Educational Foundation spreads the word about ideal, interactive learning environments and enables others to adapt these successes locally. Edutopia.org contains a deep archive of continually updated best practices, from classroom tips to recommendations for district-wide change. Allied with a dedicated audience that actively contributes success stories from the field, our mission relies on input and participation from schools and communities.
The ______________ Educational Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.